Friday, April 22, 2005

WHAT AN ORDEAL!

This day has been an ordeal. I e-mailed my son yesterday telling him how anxious I was to start a blog. "I'll sign you up, he said. I had already typed something on the computer that I wanted to put on my blog. Donny, as I call him, e-mailed me today with instructions on how to find my blog. Well, I went into my blog sight and there was my post from yesterday. Okay, this is simple, I will start to blog. This was around 8:00 a.m. I took out his instructions and started, I was so excited! His instructions said that once I am in, its pretty explanatory on how to post. Then he tells me to have fun! oh boy this is it, I think. I got in alright but I kept running into roadblocks. "Donny" it won't let me start -- what shall I do?" "Did you get my instructions?" he asks. "Yes I got your instructions but I can't get into it. He e-mails me back with numbered instructions -- oh so you think I need to have step-by-step instructions, eh? (I really did but I didn't want him to know it). Oh yeah, I have two comments -- I guess I will read them and answer back -- do you think that worked -- no! Well ol girl, back to the old drawing board. I am at work and people keep coming to my desk interrupting me with questions, wanting to talk, phone ringing (which happens to be part of my job). I must get into this blog. I have so many things to say. It's getting close to time for me to leave and go to a fourth funeral in five weeks. I have to drop something off at North High and try to get to the funeral, but that's another story which I will tell in another blog. Oh by the way, the funeral started at 11:00 and it was about 15 minutes till and it would take me around that time to get there. All this time I have ideas going thoughts going through my head. I'm going to call today's blog... I am going to say... and this stuff kept going around in my mind all day, plus I kept getting behind people who are polking along -- "what a crock." After the funeral, I went back to work but I have an assignment to do first. After I finished my work, I will start my blog now. I go into it again for another attempt and there are those awful roadblocks again -- "what's a person to do?" I e-mail Donny and tell him of my problem BUT after I e-mail him, I finally get in. It is now 2:45 and I'm finally in. "I'm blogging." The phone rings -- oh shucks here we go again -- someone comes up wanting to talk about the picture of my grandson they see on my screensaver, someone needs to use the phone and can't reach it so I have to dial for them, someone knocks at the door and I have to go let them in, Oh no -- now I have to use the restroom. Finally I get some peace and here I am -- day two on the blog. "What, no spell check?" uhhh

6 Comments:

Blogger Don Tate II said...

You senior citizens and your weekly funerals. Yes, there is spell check depending upon which browser you're looking at. Browser, you're wondering what that is, long story. What I do is type mine out in Word, or one of my illustration programs (that way it looks like Im workin' when Im actually bloggin) spell check and paste the text into Blogger.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I KNOW where Don gets his sense of humor...I was LOL (laughing out loud) all the way through this post. I can't wait until you get around all the "technicalities" of this blogging sport, cause then you're really gonna let it rip! I'm already hooked on your style, thoughts, and of course, humor!
And, Mz. Gig, I think the folk at the workplace are already secretly trying to read your blog! Never let 'em see ya sweat!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might be interested:

http://blogging4dummies.blogspot.com/

If the link isn't hi-lighted just copy/paste in your browser. I think it's great to see a mature woman still interested in technology as it seems to be changing and becoming more "complex" over time. Best to you.

Hope this helps,

Tiffany

3:38 PM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

I noticed in your profile you mention that you're a Sabbath School teacher. Among other things, I'm a Sabbath School secretary. :)

Keep trying to get into your blog. Get D to tell you how you can email posts to your blog if you think that would be easier.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you have it pretty well licked now.

Good application of humour, too.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super work performed.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home