Tuesday, April 26, 2005

MY GRANDKIDS THE HUSTLERS?????

My youngest son e-mailed me this story a while back and gave me permission to share it on my blog. It goes like this:

"My kids are hustlers, mom, and they are some real pros at it too--especially Olivia. Here's what happened: Shawnee was invited to a wedding this past weekend. Olivia wanted to go to the wedding and Madison wanted to hang with her dad, so Dooie (Madison) and I kicked it. While she was with me, I let her help me work my third job, and for helping me, I gave her five dollars. The next day, Shawnee, the kids and I all went to Target. As soon as we got there, Madison told Livy (Olivia) that I gave her five dollars. Livy starts to tear up and asks "can I have five dollars too?" I told her Madison earned her five dollars and that she could have earned some money too but she wanted to hang with mom, and Madison hung with dad and ended up getting five dollars. I told her I'd have to find a way for her to earn money too, but I wasn't going to just give her some money because I didn't want her to think she could "pimp" me like that. I told her "no," not today." Olivia gave me this look; her eyes were all teary...she was working me! I told her "no," that's not going to work.. you're not going to make me feel guilty," so all the time we were at Target, I was feeling guilty. Madison went to the toy isle and picked out a toy. After she got her toy, Olivia started to pile it on. She gave me the teary eyes and the shaking lips. I said "sorry Livy, you can't get something for nothing." "Nothing in life is free...we all face trad offs!" With her lips still shaking, she looked me right in the eyes. "If I were to buy you something what would you want,? said the hustled dad...ha, ha, ha Olivia KNOWS she can pimp me too! She's really good at it. Oh Madison worked me a little too. I gave her five dollars, so what does she do? picks out a toy that costs $15.00. "Mommy said to ask you if I could get this toy..it's an extra ten dollars." I was like, "y'all think you got it like that!" They KNOW they have it like that. They both ended up getting what they wanted. I really didn't mind. I like being in the position where I can buy them things. I don't like being "rammed" but hey, they know how to work me.

While reading this e-mail, I was cracking up. Madison and Olivia are two really adorable little girls. Madison is 11, and Olivia is seven. My youngest son, yet another comedian, is Gary (Butchy), and his wife is Shawnee. Wouldn't you say he is a chip off the old block? ha, ha

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chip off the old block," yeah, pretty much. What a blessed woman you are.

Oh how I'm gloating that I'm posting before your other son, the absentee blogger! Ha ha.

1:50 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

He won't be able to stop blogging for a whole week -- I'm pretty sure of that one. ha, ha

2:02 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

You got a family of foos

Hey, I added Tiffany and Shelly to your blog roll, look along the right side.

3:14 PM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

Kids really now how to work their parents. I will not, I repeat, will not continue to be a sucker for Sidney!

(Ok, we all know that's not true. So?)

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear... *grins*

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read an interesting article on it I would like to share with you...

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home