Friday, April 29, 2005

NOTHING ON THE BRAIN TODAY

Nothing to blog about - already? I just started over a week ago. Is this what you call “writer’s block?” I was so excited about this whole thing. All sorts of ideas going through my head. “I’ll write about this, no, I’ll write about that.” “Jot down on a piece of paper all of the subjects you intend to write about.” Going down the street, things running through my mind – excitement overtaking me. As soon as I get my browser at home updated, I will start to blog. Then my son, knowing how anxious I am to start, decides to set me up at work. “Finally, I think – this is going to be wonderful – I can get things off the old mind and write them down so that others can read them.” After blogging a few times, today, I get to my desk, do some work and then – now it’s time to blog. “Wait a minute, wait a minute – what am I going to say”? “Oh I know, I’ll talk about this – no, can’t piece that together right now” – another idea comes to mind – “yeah, that will be okay,” but the words are stuck out there somewhere, but not in my brain. Discouragement – what is this? Then I say to myself – “self, you like to write poems don’t you?” – “Sure—I will write a poem”. Did I just answer myself – does this mean I am really crazy?” Let’s just say a little confused. That’s what we will call it. “Anywho” no poem coming to mind – not motivated, so I’ll just write about the nothing to talk about dilemma. Until next week….

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Writing about nothing counts too. I think I'd call this an essay. You know...they did do a whole show about nothing. Seinfeld was a pure money maker...so GO WITH IT!

Thanks for the post in my blog. Have a blessed Sabbath to you too.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seinfeld was a show about four friends living in a small Jewish community in New York.

As well as being a show about nothing.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home