Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day Greetings

Thank you all for your comments, they are all comforting. I did fine this weekend; a few tears, memories, etc., but God came through like he always does. What would we do without Him. Glad to have Him in my life and my heart. My brother and I put a memorial in the paper for our mother, and an old doctor she worked for years ago called me. He didn't know she had passed but read the memorial in today's paper. He spoke so highly of her and was sorry to have found out she had passed. It was good to talk to him and hear all the wonderful things he had to say about my mother. If you are curious about what she looked like, just take a good look at my picture.

Now for all of you baby daddies out there -- here's hoping you had a terrific Father's Day. It's great to have offspring -- they are definitely worth all the trouble, heartaches, happiness, fulfillment and whatever else they bring to your lives. Never forget, whatever they go through, you have probably been there. :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

God works in such wonderful ways. *HUGS* I'm glad you are doing okay. I know the loss of someone very dear to you must be terribly hard, especially when there is a holiday.

But, God allows us to remember the beautiful and wonderful things about each other. Your memorial in the paper was a nice way to remember her and honor her.

My prayers are with you and I wanted to tell you that you really touch my life. You hardly know me, but you provide so much strength and love to others. I can't thank you enough for all you do. *HUGS*

10:43 AM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

I didn't know you did that. How nice, and someone who knew grandma called you, too. Very nice.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not have a good Fathers' Day. Fathers' Day is later in the year over here.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

That was a really awesome update. I am glad you came through again. God really has plans for you. You are such a powerful and bright light for this world. Keep up the good work.

5:15 AM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

For some reason Australia and New Zealand have Father's Day in September, can't remember which Sunday it is... I am sure Kira's Slave knows. I am not sure about the UK. Maybe it has something to do with the seasons? September for us is the first month of Spring...

1:37 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

YOu have a very nice blog here, Mz. Gig, with your bad self.

10:46 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Thanks Devas -- I appreciate the input.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home