Friday, November 18, 2005

GOD HEARD THE PRAYERS!

GOD IS GOOD

A testimony about my daughter-in-law. YT was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night because she was pregnant, and due to complications she had to be induced yesterday morning. My daughter-in-law risked her life to carry this child in order to save the lives of her two other daughters who suffer from Sickle Cell Disease. During the pregnancy, YT had much pain and discomfort. Last night when I talked with my son, he told me that the baby was born weighing 4 pounds but she was okay. However, he told me that mom was not doing well. During the delivery she lost a lot of blood and they were unable to stop it. At one point they got it stopped but it started up again. She had to have a blood transfusion because she almost lost all of her blood. Her face swelled up and her hemoglobin went down. Additionally, she had fluid in her lungs. This did not look good at all. She was going to have to be in ICU for several days and was not to have any visitors. After much prayer and supplication a good part of the evening, and throughout the night, I received a call this morning from my son telling me that YT was better. He said he was able to talk to her and he told her what she went through. She didn’t remember a lot of it. He was even able to joke with her and she laughed. I called the hospital and checked on her again and the nurse told me she was doing really good. She is a very good mother. To you, YT -- I love you and look forward to seeing you again so that I can tell you in person and get some hugs. Also thanks to all who prayed for us.

For some reason while all of this was going on, even though I prayed I still stressed very much over it. I knew that if I wanted God to hear my prayer, I had to believe, but I couldn’t stop fretting over it. In fact, I took it very hard. I did talk to God and asked him to forgive my unbelief. I wanted to just pray about it and leave it at his feet but somehow I couldn’t do that. He heard my prayer anyway. GOD IS GOOD. THANK YOU JESUS.

5 Comments:

Blogger David Cho said...

Rejoice! Thanks for sharing the fantastic news. God heard the prayers!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I'm glad you were able to go down and see them. I'll call you when you get back!

7:14 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

That is a very stressful situation to be in. It is understandable that even while you prayed you worried. We pray because we know that God is able. At the same time, we stress because we don't know what He will allow to happen.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

God is very very good. He listens and is there for us, even when we aren't completely faithful. He knows what is truly in our hearts though, and he does what he feels is the right thing.

God bless him for protecting YT and for showing his grace and mercy on her.

I will pray for you and your entire family, Mz. Gig. You are all very special people.

4:08 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

wow..what a blessing!
God truly is a good God...and he answers our prayers. I am so happy to hear about your daughter in law.

you seem to be a wonderful mother in law...I wish I had that.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home