Sunday, October 23, 2005

"Is There a snake in my basement?"

Recently I had some work done on my house and that included plumbing. The guy did a fantastic job with the remodeling, but botched up the plumbing. We kept calling him to come and fix it but every time he came, he would work to try and solve the problem; however, after he left, I had the same problems. My dad, who used to be a plumber in his younger days came over and tried to fix it, but it wasn’t fixable; however, I ended up with a faucet that wouldn‘t shut off; therefore I had to turn off the water for a few days. Finally I got tired of this mess and my son called the plumber who came over and fixed it.

Part of the plumbing job included my washer, which hasn‘t worked since the original guy did the plumbing. While working on the washer, my son looked down behind it and I heard him say? “Is that a snake?” Right away I went flying out of the basement and up the stairs, frantically asking do they come upstairs? I then heard him say “it’s dead.“ The plumber said “no“ and offered up another explanation of what it was -- a piece of cloth or something like that. My son went along with it. The question is, was it really a snake? Did I have a snake in my basement? I wouldn’t know, I haven’t been down there since. Yesterday my dad asked me if the washer was fixed and I played it off by saying “I haven’t had time to check on it.”

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man... a snake?

That's very unusual.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I think you need to go right down there and move that washing machine aside and see if in fact it is a snake, or a towel. Snakes wont hurt you...like spiders would.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Oh my Mz. G. I feel ya. Take a shot gun and if it is a snake don't be afraid to blow it away that would be my advice me and snakes don't do well together of course I am sure you already have heard lol.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

If the snake was alive, it would have moved around when they were working. Don't worry Mz. Gig. If it's a snake, it's most likely dead. *hugs*

AND...most snakes are harmless. So, go down and check that washer. *grins*

9:10 PM  
Blogger Brea said...

Ummmm. . . . how are you doing laundry?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

You should have wondered what kind of snake.

I used to drag snakes into the house and the yard when I was younger. Man I miss those days.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home