Monday, November 07, 2005

"Billy Graham's 83rd Birthday"

Tonight while watching T.V. I turned the channel to the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). They were celebrating the 83rd birthday of Billy Graham. I was so touched by all the well wishes he was getting from many famous people and ministers, as they told how he had influenced their lives and brought them to Christ. He has brought thousands of people to Christ. As each person wished him well with a short speech, they would also play short excerpts of past sermons. I never knew much about Billy Graham because as a child, a young teenager and a young adult, I’m sad to say that I always turned the channel when Billy Graham’s crusades came on.

One night as I watched TBN they were telling his story, how he started preaching at a young age and televising many small excerpts of past sermons. I became very interested in learning about him and his dedication to Christ. I enjoyed hearing the speeches as they were broadcast on T.V. Tonight as I watched the celebration of his birthday, I marveled at this person who spent his life sharing the Gospel with people all around the world. This was truly a blessing to me to watch this program on TBN tonight. Billy Graham is truly one of a kind and I'm glad that I have had a chance to learn all about him.

At one point in the night I picked up the phone to use it and discovered there was a message on my phone. Someone had called earlier when I was out at the Laundromat. When I listened to the precious little voice on the phone reciting Psalm 100, tears came to my eyes. My little grandson had learned this verse and was excited as he repeated every word. I thank God that he is doing well in his new school

6 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I am so happy that I put K in this Christian school. When S was that age she wasn't reciting Psalms 100, she was reciting lyrics to all the foul-mouthed rap songs.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Hey Mz. G Great post as usual, figured I would stop in and say hey work has been slammed so lots of Over time. Hopefully it will be back to normal soon lol. Chris

6:39 AM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Yeah, but did they get into his overly close relationship with Nixon, and the fact that he just kinda verbally nodded and smiled while Nixon made all sorts of anti-semetic remarks.

I really like and respect Billy. But I like him best in the middle years, say in the late 70s and the 80s.

Did you know he was one of the first compensated youth ministers ever.

I think Billy and Ruth Graham may be going to meet Jesus sometime soon.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a compensated youth minister?

And that is great about the grandson.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

one that gets paid by a church or church agency for doing the work instead of just volunteering.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

I'm so glad that your "little man" is doing so well. It's a shame that most children don't have these opportunities. Buck has done a great thing by putting him in the Christian school. *smiles*

God bless you Mz. Gig!!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home