Wednesday, November 02, 2005

"My baby steps to blogging"

Trying to learn the ins and outs of blogging is frustrating. I have spent time trying to figure out how to do different things on my own without asking Brotha Buck to do everything for me. I woke up early this morning as a result of having insomnia; got on the computer and decided to learn how to restore the links I had lost when I changed my template. I was so excited that I changed my template without help. When I returned to my home page, all of your links were gone. "No," I didn't unlink any of you. I have spent an hour trying to read instructions on how to restore you all back to my template. I thought I came across some instructions on re-linking, and typed in Brotha Buck's blogspot address and thought I had saved it by clicking on "post." (That made sense to me). "Oh boy" I thought, Brotha Buck will be proud of me that I was able to do this by myself." However when I checked out my home page, there was no link. This is just downright discusting. I usually start out okay with what I'm trying to accomplish, but I run into "roadblock." It's as though I can't understand the instructions and as though they are in a different language, but they are not. Sometimes I feel as though my mind is dull and I ask God to make it brilliant because I know that anything is possible with him.

Now that I have done my whinning for the day, I hope you all know that I didn't kick you to the curb -- I was trying to learn how to change my template on my own. Have a blessed day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Hey, I will add your links back in some time this week. What happened to your post on #2 son?

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks the blogging fairies have stolen it.

It might help to learn a little HTML before trying to work with Blogger.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

It is all trial and error. Don't give up!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

Hey, Mz. Gig,
I don't even remember what I wrote in my comment. Please, don't apologize for anything you write! I didn't think you were boasting or putting down anyone. I only wanted to agree with the last paragraph when you said that God doesn't want us to be proud.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh don't even worry about it! It'll come to you in time, it takes getting used to. Nobody learns overnight!! As long you write in your journal, then it's ALLLL good, cause that's the most important stuff! :) And you're already great at it!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home