Thursday, November 03, 2005

"To Be Loved"

To Be Loved

Today while at work I had a moment to just think about things. I thought back when I was in Texas this past summer and began to reminisce the fun I had with the grandson. A big smile came on my face as I thought about all the little things we did together from playing games, hide and seek, to when we were making faces at each other which was so precious to me. He would say “watch this” and when I looked at him, he would be making a face, then I would say “watch this” and I would make a face and we would laugh.

Later while in my car driving, I thought about my family, each and every one of them came to mind. I felt so loved; a beautiful feeling came across me as I thought about how much we all love each other. To be loved, I mean to be loved to the place where your every being means something to someone. Someone being totally in your corner and always there when you need them no matter how close or far away they are. Love can be a beautiful feeling, and to know that you are loved, I mean to know that someone really cares about you can be overwhelmingly wonderful.

Wow, that is heavy; my heart is heavy, so why do I get depressed at times? One reason is because I miss my grandchildren, and my sons who live far away. There are two precious beings in Minnesota who I haven’t seen since this summer. I need to see them, to hug them to interact with them; hear their laughter, watch them argue with each other and that I might intervene, to play Bratz and Barbie dolls with them and play out our little skits with them. How wonderful. Being a grandmother is as awesome as being a mom. Someday I would like to see the great grandson.

God is love; he is all those things I mentioned above and more. Isn’t it great to know that there is such a God who loves us so much that he made the ultimate sacrifice, just for us, and he will forgive us of anything. Isn’t it great to know that you love God too; that he is above all things and you appreciate knowing you have him in your life? Yes -- GOD IS LOVE!

This post is dedicated to my wonderful family and I thank God for them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brea said...

What an uplifting post! Thanks for sharing.

11:31 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

So much truth in this post.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

God is great! Yes I love Him and thanks for sharing.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Thank God for you too Mz. Gig.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home