Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"A Pecan Pie and I"

Oh why oh why did I buy a pecan pie?
It was so tasty, so sweet and good
My taste buds could not let go of it
Even though I thought they should

One piece, two pieces, I don't need more
How can I resist this tastiness
I'll get another piece for sure

The pie, it says "have another piece of me"
"It won't hurt I did agree,
a little sliver won't bother me

All through the evening and the next day
I couldn't get away
from pie I got for the holiday.

Little by little it began to disappear
"I will get too fat" this was my fear
Don't fret my lady, be of good cheer
You will get rid of that weight next year

So the rest of the pie I finally ate
And now I'm hoping I won't gain weight


This poem was inspired by a true story; however, there are no names to protect the innocent.

Innocent? There's no innocence here. :-(

8 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

He he, I love pecan pie! Great poem!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

So, that's where i got my problem habit of eating Pecan Pie.

7:11 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Brotha Buck -- Actually the first time I had ever tasted pecan pie is when you made it back here at home. I fell in love with it. So in actuality, I got it from you. :-)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Pecan pie is yummy, but I only eat it two times a year.

Well maybe three.

1:19 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

omgoodness!!!
so funny! that's my poem about sweet potato cheese cake..lol

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm that pie sure does sound good!! Don't fret girl, you won't gain....I declair it!! :D

Sorry it took me a bit to get on over here....I miss you!! Thank you so much for you bday wishes...love you mucho. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

I think I have heard Buck and gig have this pecan pie conversation before on a different post.

I like pecan pie. Espcially minus the pecans with just all the sugary goo.

maybe that is why I have a post on here, from sometime before.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

What happened to your blog, and why has it reverted back to the Pecan pie poem of last year. Need help with your template?

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home