Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A REALLY CUTE POEM!

I received this poem from a co-worker and wanted to share it. Have a blessed Thanksgiving to everyone!

T'was the night after Thanksgiving and I just couldn't sleep,
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptations with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation, the thought of a snack was
infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,

and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, pickles and carrots,
beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, 'til all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
with a mouthful of pudding and handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...

Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump,

may your 'tater 'n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,

may your holiday dinner stay off of your thighs.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger ShellyP said...

Very cute indeed!

8:49 PM  
Blogger greggy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And continue having a grandiose time this weekend!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Hope you had a good one with B and J!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I like that indeed....I hope that you had a great holiday week...

9:04 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

*I'm full just reading this*

Thought I'd say "hi" since you rarely do.

Signed,

Hint.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Very very cute!!! I like that one Mz. Gig!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

ROFL wow that was to funny Mz. G. Hope you had a great turkey day I did.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home