Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"If I Were in Texas, I would..."

be interacting with my grandson. He is so unique and has a personality all of his own. He is not only cute on the outside but his personality enhances his overall being. I have been concerned about the fact that he is afraid of a great deal of things. I can picture myself sitting and talking with him, having the right eye contact, and coming to him on his level in a way that will let him know that I am trying to get inside of his thoughts just to find out what makes him afraid of things. Some how, with much prayer, I would really like to have a long grandma/grandson talk about those things and to prayerfully let him know that he need not be afraid.

Since he is afraid to go to a movie because it is dark inside, it is my desire to talk with him in a way that would help him there is nothing to be afraid of, and hoping that he would trust me enough to believe me when I try to convince him to not be afraid. Because he attends a church school and is receptive to his teachings about the Lord I would use the approach that Jesus will keep him safe. Not that his parents haven’t already told him, but it might just be a reinforcement coming from someone else as well as mommy and daddy. I guess I don't have to tell you how I feel about "K."

2 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

He is now too scared to sleep in his bedroom because I slept in there when I was sick. He's afraid I left my germs on his bed, so he's been sleeping on the floor, in a sleeping bag.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Oh no...maybe if you wash the sheets and let him see you do it, it will help him understand that things are just fine.

Poor little guy. I know children gets scared. I'm afraid of the dark too, but for much different reasons.

*HUGS* I'll pray for each of you, I know that things can be frightening for children and I hope Kirby understands that God won't let anything bad happen to him.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home