Sunday, March 26, 2006

"On This Day..."

This morning when I woke up, the first thing on my mind was Jesus as it is every morning. I wanted to thank Him for seeing me through another night and giving me another day, another chance to live my life in Him, another chance at salvation. I have acid reflux disease and my stomach has been bothering me for some time. I thought to myself, "this must be something more than reflux because it's been going on a little longer than usual". Since I've been tested for everything that has to do with the stomach and those tests have come out negative, I believe that the LORD spoke to me, telling me that I must be worried about something. It came to my mind that it has to be my concerns about the transplant that is about to occur in May regarding my number three granddaughter. My biggest concern has been trying to raise the money to help with the transplant. I believe the LORD came to me again, reminding me that I have put her His very capable hands and I MUST believe that not only is he going to bring her through and heal her, but surely I must believe that includes the cost for the transplant. I feel much better now, knowing that God is in control. *Tears in eye,* *tears of happiness, Amen.* It's just that easy because all you have to do it believe and you will receive. Thank you my Jesus!!!

One other thing, I had to remind myself that God did not give us the spirit of fear. Due to the number of deaths and funerals I have had to attend lately, I have been afraid that something may happen to someone I love and afraid that I will receive some bad news about someone. It seems as though the deaths are still happening to people I know around our community. This too is something I must lay at the feet of God and leave it there. I ask for your prayers also. Thank you in advance.

Senior Moments of the day: This morning, I was dusting my furniture and realized that I needed to get the furniture polish. I went to the kitchen, opened the pantry door, grabbed a spray can and proceeded to dust. It seemed as though this polish was really doing a good job because the piece I was dusting was shinning like new money. I looked at the can to see what brand I was using (I only buy the cheaper brands), and,low and behold, it wasn't furniture polish at all, it was the "cooking spray."

(While I was typing this little excerpt, I had to go to the kitchen twice, once because I couldn't remember the words "furniture polish", and two, I couldn't remember the words "cooking spray.")

Unrelated thought: I don't think I have to tell you who did my new picture do I?

4 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

The new pic looks good!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Its funny because it looks just like her.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Oh I like the picture. You are right about putting things in God' hand and letting it go. we must have faith that he will see your granddaughter through. My prayers are with you and your family...

10:05 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

I'm glad that you are letting God handle things. Put things in His hands and all will be well. Have faith. *HUGS*

Also, don't worry about the senior moments. It happens to everyone! hehehe So, did the cooking spray work way better than the polish? heheheh If it keeps food from sticking to the pans, do you think it will keep dust from sticking to the furniture?? *giggles* It's a thought!!

God bless!

PS---the pic is great! I figured Buck did that! hehehehe

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home