Sunday, February 19, 2006

"To Blog or Not to Blog"

I had decided to leave the blog spot and give up posting. I started by deleting a great deal of my posts, but then I realized there were too many to delete. While I was pondering my decision to quit, I went back and began to read some of my old posts and then the comments. While reading all of your comments to me, I had a warm feeling come over me. How can I possibly give up writing, reading, commenting and receivng comments from such a great bunch of people as yourselves? Sometimes I do feel misplaced because of my age as I am a senior citizen blogger and am about two and a half years away from retiring. I can, however, relate to you all because I am young at heart and since I work with youngsters at work and church, I usually end up feeling like and calling myself everybody's mother and at work, they get a kick out of it. Whether I continue to blog or not, I must say this has been a wonderful experience for me and I'm not sure I can give you all up, but in the meantime, I consider you a fun bunch and I have learned to care about all of you. Love and Prayers, Mz. Gig

7 Comments:

Blogger David Cho said...

Why in the world did the thought of quitting even occur in the first place? Did Buck say something to you? Will kick his ass (J/K, Buck. Yeah, I hate those smilies too).

And who says blogging is for the "young" only? I'm just a couple of months shy of turning 40, and am above the average blogging age, but so what?

C'mon, Gig. Please don't quit.

7:48 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Thanks Dave -- No, I have been having trouble thinking of stuff to write about. (I guess you might call it writer's block. But like I said, it's tuff making the decision to give up such a fun bunch of bloggers.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

good to see you are hanging around.

11:41 PM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

We all go through the phase of whether or not to continue blogging. Don't worry about it. If you don't feel like writing a post then don't. If you do then do. We'll still be here checking in on you. And you can still leave comments on our blogs so we know you're around.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I didn't mean for you to stop blogging. Geez, you are very obedient.

1:53 PM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Don't give up The Gig! Blogging is for everyone and should be mandatory!

6:27 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Buck you didn't do anything to make me want to stop, I was just experiencing some writer's block. I think all of those funerals I had to attend lately must have gotten next to me. Thanks everyone for your comments.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home