Monday, May 02, 2005

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

As I was driving down the street the other day, my mind drifted to my blog. “Sharon” I thought – “you have been blogging for over a week now but not one word about the “love of your life, your whole reason for being” – so today my conversation will focus on my love for Christ. He came into my life at a very young age. As a little child, my brother and I were taught about God on the laps of our parents. Those were some very enlightening sessions as my dad not only read the Bible and talked to us about its contents but he had a blackboard he also used to teach us the fundamentals of the Bible. My mom taught us religious songs by singing them to us, and by the time I was three, I was singing in church, and shortly thereafter, I could recite the books of the Bible. We had devotions at home with my dad leading out with songs and prayer.

Even though over the years I backslid, joined the world and did my thing, (which is pretty typical), I never left the LORD complete alone. He was always there in the back of my mind, reminding me of His presence, trying to steer me in the right direction, and all along I had two special angels to help him see me to adulthood, my parents In the Bible it says to “train up a child in the way he should go and when he gets old, he will not depart from it”. I lived that scripture – yes, even though I walked away for a while, HE called me back to the fold. My parents were not perfect, no one is, but they did a pretty good job with us, and if “child abuse” laws were as strict then as they are today, I guess my parents would be guilty, but believe me, my brother and I are much better people for it, and if you ask anyone in my generation, they would agree. I am not by a long shot supporting child abuse, but I do support parents taking charge and letting their children know who’s boss by using good healthy discipline with love, and being supportive of their children by always taking time with them and being there for them in a positive way; letting them know why they must be punished.

Faith and belief have become essential in my walk with Christ, and that is something I live by; it carries me throughout each day and night. Every morning when I awake, the LORD is first and foremost in my thoughts and the first conversation of the day is with Him.

Knowing Christ does not exempt me from problems, struggles, worries, and stress. Believe me like anyone else I have my share of trials and tribulations but they are a way of life and we are strengthened by them, helping us to realize each day how much we need to lean on the LORD and to allow Him to direct our steps.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was beautiful, Gig... I needed to read this this morning. I'm going thru the struggles/trials/valley right now, but I know that longsuffering is part of the Fruit of the Spirit. Thanks for sharing this side of you with us even though it was quite evident to my "spiritual" eyes.

Be blessed. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog's post...remembering the good ole days.

Tiffany

1:24 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

Sounds like true love!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very true.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home