Saturday, October 08, 2005

"What a Coincidence!"

Today after I returned home from church, I thought about my little grandson in Texas. I generally get an urge to call and talk to him each weekend. He is such a happy little camper and always upbeat. Of course I was disappointed when no one answered the phone. We played phone tag for a while and finally got in touch.

He goes to a Christian school and is learning a lot, as he catches on quick -- thank God for that. During our conversations, we usually sing each other a song and his usually consists of the ABC song. This time, he said the Pledge of Allegiance, The Lord’s Prayer and then the ABC song. When it was my turn, I decided to sing one of the favorites in my Sabbath School class “The Lord’s Army.” While I was singing the song (thinking he has never heard this one before) I heard him shouting in the background to his mom to come to the phone to hear me singing his song. Afterwards he sang the same song back to me. Mom informed me that he had just learned the song at school and had been singing it all week. I thought, what a coincidence that I would sing a song to him that he had been singing all week.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh this is adorable!! I just love it how God works...:)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Mz. Gig, it is not a coincidence. You see, God has a reason and time for everything. He put the plan in motion, and everything went smoothly. *smiles*

He meant for you to sing that song and for your little grandson to have been learning it all along. It was something that you two could share that was special. *smiles*

God Bless and keep you Mz. Gig.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

fun!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sweet!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Such nice that just happen sometime. And they make the life sweeter.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Thats because you're good with children.

6:17 AM  
Blogger M. Akamau said...

What a precious story! I think it is not at all a coincidence...I think it only signifies the bond between you and your sweet grandson. This is beautiful.

Blessings,
Michele

10:53 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

aww that is so sweet and amazing. I am glad you two have such a great bond. Praise God. Love ya Chris

11:29 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

So cute!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home