Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Beautiful Day"

It was simply a geogous day in our town today. It was almost perfect; however, nothing is perfect but the LORD. I went out to my favorite place to walk (Gray's Lake)and there were a lot of people out walking, running, skating, bike riding, and walking their pets. It seemed as though we were all anxious to get back into the swing of things. The wind was blowing just enough to keep us from getting too hot in the sun. So far this week I participated in water aerobics on Monday and walked at Gray's Lake yesterday and today. Gray's Lake is 2.6 miles around once and that is all I walked both days and am trying to get back into shape so as to go around twice like I was doing last year. Yesterday while walking, we had some of our clients with us. About three of them started to run and they were way ahead of us but were not far behind their caseworker who was also walking. By the time we got up close to them, I noticed one of our girls on bend and knees trying to catch her breath. The teacher I was walking with went to her and tried to get her calmed down but she was unable to and couldn't talk. Many people walked up to us and asked to help. When we tried to get her to the van we were riding in, she kept falling down and continued to try to breath, almost as though she was hyperventilating. Several of us tried carrying her, and finally we called 911. The ambulance came and picked her and the caseworker up and took them to the hospital. Later the client returned to school and was alright. Later I found out the she was alright but was sort of faking to get attention, although she still almost hyperventilated.

Also I like Daylight Saving's Time, but first I need to get used to it and then I hate when it's time to go back to regular time in October.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Wow.. she was just faking to get attention. I hope she got her full. That could have been a scarry situation. I'm still not used to the daylight change. I need to be sleeping but my system is off.

10:32 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

How dumb of her to do that?

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home