Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"The Kid in Me"

has been inside me all her life,
hiding behind the tender brown skin God gave me.
Sometimes she comes out to get a breath of fresh air,
making me smile, laugh and act downright giddy.
I was born one autumn day many years ago
when the leaves were all different and beautiful colors.
At that time the kid in me slept all day and night
It just wasn’t quite the time for her to blossom
But about a year later, she came to light.
Walking, playing with dolls was her delight;
Smiling and singing; and playing hop scotch
Bouncing a ball and picking up jacks;
Jumping rope, joking, playing hide and seek
Reading books, drawing and watching T.V.
Rocking on the couch and sucking her thumb
Watching my favorite cartoons was a lot of fun
Where has she gone, is she far away?
No – The kid in me is with me each and everyday.

Yes, I believe that there is a kid inside of everyone no matter how old you are.

I still like walking, playing with dolls with my granddaughters, joking, playing hide and seek with my grandson. I still like to sing, and draw. My favorite cartoon today is Walt Disney’s “The Jungle Book,”however,back in the day it was Cinderella. Rocking on couch is something I do when I am nervous.

How about you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Do you still bite your fist when you get mad?

8:27 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

No I don't -- My post tells you what I still do. You didn't answer my question. Oh let me answer for you. Do you still bite your toe nails? Oh, did I say that?

4:49 AM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

Haha! You are too funny! Crackin on your own son like that!!

I still feel like a kid. I look around and see I have a husband and children and responsibilities and I wonder where all the time went. Now I focus on trying to make sure my son has a fun life and I don't think too much about my own. My idea of fun now always involves lots of money and shopping or going on a cruise, a day at the spa, stuff like that. Although, that's not to say I don't still enjoy eating chocolate bunnies at Easter and opening gifts at Christmas, or watching cartoons.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute!!! I love it when everyone has a kid in them and let's it come out every so often! :D

8:52 AM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

there are times when I feel young, and there are other times I just feel like an old soul

7:14 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

I still feel like a kid, until I see kids much younger than me. Sigh...

Just met this girl in her 20's who had never seen a typewritter. Unbelievable.

1:34 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

Did I miss a post about brotha Buck?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home