Friday, May 19, 2006

The Day After Transplant Day

Today started off very stressful. My granddaughter developed a rash (hives) shortly after the transplant yesterday. This morning those hives started to itch and burn. She was so very uncomfortable and started to cry. It was so bad that I thought she was going to loose it. We told her doctor and she ordered some kind of medicine, but it took so long to get it. The Benedryl that had been put in her IV was not working today. It was very hard on grandma to see her that way. I can say this... Sickle Cell Anemia is NO JOKE. My granddaughter told me that this was about the worse thing she had gone through; that it was worse than the radiation she had undergone during the last transplant. After they finally got the medication in here, she was able to relax and she became her sweet little self again and her pleasant personality came back. I was praying a lot and asked for prayer. May God bless little "M" and keep her well and safe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Hang in there, it will all be okay. Just like everyone is telling me, God will help us. We just all have to have faith that He is healing us and making things right again.

My prayers always!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home