Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Excited about the new movie, "Superman Returns" Why?

I am so excited about the new movie that is coming out "Superman Returns." It will air in June. Why am I so excited? It's a movie just like any other movie. I haven't really been into Superman movies that much since George Reeves starred as Clark Kent/Superman of the "Daily Planet" Newspaper in a weekly series of Supermannn many years ago when my brother, friends and I sat in front of the television each week to watch the program.

So why would I be so interested in this new movie "Superman Returns?" Because the star, Brandon Routh, is from Iowa. His dad, Ron Routh, was a co-worker of mine only a few years ago. When I first heard about Brandon being picked to play the new Superman, I called his dad and asked "can I speak to the dad of the new superman?" He laughed because he recognized my voice right away as we used to kid each other a lot when we were co-workers. He would tell me about Brandon's accomplishments and I would in turn, share with him the accomplishments of my sons. I don't know Brandon personally but I am proud of him.

6 Comments:

Blogger David Cho said...

Wow, that is pretty cool. So you are just two degrees away from the Superman!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Wicked cool! That's so neat that you have a personal connection like that.

I want to see that movie and also Da Vinci Code.

9:14 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Yes Cho Cho -- that is pretty cool. I have my own little cute little minature superman also. He belongs to Brotha Buck.

Oricon -- I agree, that is pretty neat to have a personal connection to Superman.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Super GiG!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

There are a lot of parallels between the old superman movie and the Christ Story

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Gig
-Berry

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home