Sunday, June 25, 2006

"You Said What?"

I returned home from Minnesota last Thursday (6-22-06). My granddaughter is doing well and taking her situation like a real trooper. Pretty much on my arrival at home I got situated and decided to check my phone messages. Among those messages was a fellow congregant telling me that there will be a rehearsal for communion at church on Friday (6-23-06) at 6:30 p.m.

The next day I went to work but had to report to a different office for the day. At 4:00 I left work and went home to get ready for church. I checked my phone messages and there weren't any so I went on to church. When I arrived, the pastor was just ending a Bible lesson and afterwards he began the rehearsal by informing everyone how they will participate in the communion service and then I heard him say a couple of names of people who will not be there. All of a sudden I heard one of our deacons mention my dad's name and said that he had been rushed to the hospital earlier that day and had surgery. I was startled and looked at him, saying, "are you talking about my dad?" He said "yes" and repeated it to me. I had not been aware of the circumstances at all. I asked to be excused and went directly to the hospital where I found my dad and his wife. He said he had tried to get me at work and on my home phone and I told him I was working in another department where I work occasionally and I had not gotten a message on my home phone, plus he has the phone number of both offices.

It was definitely a shock to find out that my dad was not only in the hospital but had undergone surgery. He had a cyst on his hip that had gotten quite large over a couple of days. His pressure went way up and they were having trouble getting it down and because they couldn't stop the bleeding from his surgery earlier that day, he had to go back to surgery and have the bleeding stopped. (Wow, what an ordeal). Thanks to God answering prayer, everything came out fine and after a two day stay at the hospital, he was released today.

My dad will be 86-years-old in July and is a work-a-holic. He has always been a very busy person who has retired four times. He just cannot function unless he is working. The last time he retired which was last year, I think will be the last time; however, he is very active around the house. The doctor has told him to slow down and to not carry heavy things which he wasn't supposed to do anyway, but has never stopped doing. It is my opinion that he will continue to do more than he is supposed to do because he was supposed to be keeping still in the hospital but was wandering around all over and busying himself in spite of our trying to stop him.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Cho said...

Oh my. What a thing to come home to.

Good to hear that he is okay. 85 years old and still very active. Wow.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

I'm glad you're home, Mz. Gig. I'm just very sorry to hear about your dad. That is a scary thing to hear.

My heartfelt prayers go out to him for a speedy and full recovery. And, I will continue to pray for you, knowing that you have really gone through some stuff the past month.

Thank God that your granddaughter is doing so well. She sure sounds like a wonderful little girl.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home