Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mz Gig - Anxious???

“I’m sorry I’ve been such a pest, calling so much,” but I went to prayer meeting tonight and had to turn off my phone while we were praying and I was afraid you might call while the phone is off.”

“Don’t worry, if anything had happened we would have called you.”

“I love you mom, and when the baby comes, we will call you.”

“It just seems as though whenever I am expecting a call, I will be home all day and as soon as I step out, even for a few minutes, that’s when the call comes.”

“The baby hasn’t come yet and nothing has happened.”

“When you called me I was at school conferences and my wife was at work, so we couldn’t answer our phones, and if we can’t get in touch with you when the baby comes, I will send T after you.”

What is that all about???? Number two son and his wife are expecting their first baby who is due today and I want to be there when it happens. This will be my seventh grandchild, plus there is a great grandchild. You would think that after having four sons, six grandchildren and one great grandchild, this would be old to me.

Here’s the scoop – At first, my daughter-in-law said she didn’t want any children and number two son went along with it even though he wanted them. When his wife got pregnant, he was sooo excited. He has been very nervous and this has been humorous to me.

“I don’t know if I can change diapers; give the baby a bath, etc.”

So his wife arranged for him to take a class for fathers where they had real babies to learn from. I got a big kick out of that one.

In my mind, I could picture him being a father but it is quite amusing because he is a big athletic football player and coach, and believe me whenever he does anything domestic, it looks awkward, therefore, I cannot wait to see him as a dad, plus the wife did not want to know before hand what gender the baby is so I am anxious to know about that too.

While at prayer meeting this evening, I was supposed to sing special music. It was special alright but not exactly what I intended it to be. I have acid reflux and my throat was messed up, therefore, so was the song. What an ordeal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

Sorry to hear the song wasn't up to par.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Blessings...

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home