Saturday, January 06, 2007

Listening to Words and Songs for the Lord

As I sit here reading blogs, I can hear the television going in the living room. I have the Trinity Broadcasting Network on and one of my favorite songs is playing "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Not only is the music beautiful, but the lyrics are great. I love listening to music, especially gospel music. I can't imagine how people can come up with the wonderful ways they praise the Lord, such as in song, i.e., the words they use to lift Him up, words to show their love for him and to show their gratitude for what He has done for us. So many wonderful ways to sanctify him. Even though we sing His praises, write poems, testify of His love for us and the magnificant miracles and wonders he brings to our lives, not to mention how he always rescues us from many bad situations; situations that seem hopeless, there are really no words we can express that could really touch the awesomeness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I have been blessed lately to actually be able to comprehend and understand more of what I read in the Bible than I have most of my life. The majority of my beliefs come from my teachings at home and from listening to my dad read and explain the Bible to me. Now I am trying to read it for myself so as to get my own understanding of it and of course I have been talking to the Lord before I read. Sometimes I have to read some sentences over and over again and perhaps say a little prayer before I can comprehend it, but the Lord is helping me to slowly catch on. I have a long way to go but I believe that God will help me get to where I want to be when it comes to him.

Incidently, I have many favorite Spiritual songs but I believe the most beautiful I've ever heard is, indeed, "The Lord's Prayer." God Bless you all out there in blog land.

8 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/2006/12/believe-video.html

Have you viewed this yet on my blog? I promise it will touch you. "The WORDS IN RED!" Amen!

God bless you as you continue to seek Him for yourself. It's powerful having a "personal" relationship with Jesus!

How proud you're earthly and heavenly father must be.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Music is beautiful. I listen to K-Love all the time. Have you ever listened to that radio station?? They play a bunch of beautiful music.

It's an all Christian radio station.

But, I love the song, "Be Thou My Vision". It's an anglican song and it's beautiful. It says everything I wish to pray for every day.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

There are many gospel songs that are powerful and when you listen to the words they just make you feel so spiritual and thankful.I love Great is Thy Faithfulness, God Is, and Holy IS the Lamb. Powerful testimony through song.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Hi Mz. Gig,

I posted this weekend some inspirational poetry and Brrr. Look for Monday's drama post Trump vs. Rosie and click on the link to rap artist Jin.

http://ruhoffman.blogspot.com/
Voice on Miscellaneous Matters

5:20 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Hi Mz. Gig,

I posted this weekend some inspirational poetry and Brrr. Look for Monday's drama post Trump vs. Rosie.

http://ruhoffman.blogspot.com/
Voice on Miscellaneous Matters

5:22 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Hi Mz. Gig,

I posted this weekend some inspirational poetry and Brrr. Look for Monday's drama post Trump vs. Rosie.

http://ruhoffman.blogspot.com/
Voice on Miscellaneous Matters

5:25 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

So sorry about the multiple posts. There was a problem uploading.

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

I never did care for Rosie or her talk show because it seemed to me that she exploited our people and got a kick out of it.

This is an interesting post. I enjoyed reading it. You just cannot believe the lengths people will go to get attention.

I tried to log onto that website you e-mailed to me. I tried it at work because I have sound there; however, I wasn't able to get it. I will try it here, but I have no sound on my computer here at home.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home