Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BLESSINGS ON VALENTINE'S DAY!!

I hope everyone out there in blogland is having a great day of love and appreciation! Some of you perhaps got an engagement ring; perhaps you are celebrating a anniversary, or maybe getting to spend some quality time with your loved one.

Today I went to work in a mischievous mood. My job takes me to a special program for at risk girls. Believe me these girls are some characters, but I love them. Oh yeah, I get quite disgusted with their belligerent behaviors, lack of respect, yelling and screaming, disrespect to staff members but they can also be pleasant. Of course I can feel this way because I am the Administrative Assistant and don't have to impose consequences on them so I do not get the negative actions as I mentioned above. Anyway, I made a small red smock or top, and on the back I drew dots; at one of the dollar stores I found a head band with a lady bug on top of it. On my computer, I made some coupons that said the coupon is redeemable for a hug on Valentine's day or any other day and this was from the "hug bug" as I called myself. When each student came in, they all received a coupon and a hug which they all got a kick out of, plus each staff member did too. Later, just before they left for home, they received a valentine card with two snickers in it. All in all the day was fun for me. I guess I enjoy it every time I get to show off my humorous side, especially for the kids. You can say that I looked absolutely ridulous and enjoyed every moment of it. My co-workers (and even my boss)thought it was cute, and actually so did the kids. (Having a cheerful heart today).

Kids are some of my favorite people. They can be quite a challenge but they can be some pretty neat folk. I wish that people could go back to raising their kids like they want to, letting them know who the parent is. I don't condone child abuse, nor do I condone parent abuse. I do; however, sanction tough love.

Anyway -- where ever you are today, may the LORD be in your hearts, minds, and souls. Remember -- God is Love so that makes today his day. Take a brief moment, tell someone how much you really love them. If you have had a disagreement or if you have been holding onto a grudge with someone -- say a heartfelt prayer, pick up the phone, call that person and made amends and mean it. If they don't respond back in a positive way -- at least you will receive a blessing from God.

LOVE YOU ALL - Ms. Gig

3 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

It sounds as if you were rejoicing in your sphere of influence and spreading the love from above!

12:49 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Yes Rosemarie -- I love kids, no matter what their age; therefore, if I can be a part of showing them any kind of love and pleasure, that's my goal. In the Bible it says a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Thanks for your Spiritual comment.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

I do hope that you too had a great Valentine's Day. Sorry for just stopping by, but it is better late than never as the kids say.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home