Monday, July 04, 2005

''THE VOICE OF GOD"

Does God talk to you in this day and age? of course he does. Some people think that when people say “God told me to do this, or God told me to do that, they actually believe that a voice is coming at them as though they were having a face to face conversation with anyone. Does God really talk to you? In my opinion, whenever you have to make a choice of whether or not to do something, it's “The Holy Spirit,” “The voice of God," talking to you in your thoughts to help you make the right decision, in other wards, he is here to lead and guide you into all truth and righteousness.

This morning I turned the television to the “Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).” There was a preacher, whose sermon was just about to end. I didn’t catch his name, but I heard him refer to “The Holy Spirit,” as “The Voice of God.” I thought “there is not a better way to describe Him but as the “Voice or Spirit of God.” I found myself thinking that this would be a good subject to blog about. This preacher also mentioned “A Manual of Instruction,” which he referred to as the Bible. He talked about keeping yourself in God’s Word. I have a hard time reading the “Manual of Instruction,” because of having a short attention span, not to mention my inability to comprehend a great deal of what the Bible is talking about. I know that you will all say to “pray about it,” and I have prayed about it; however, I will keep on trying because I know He will hear my prayer and answer it.

I have returned from Chicago. I have really missed blogging with you all. Also, tomorrow, my blog will be about my trip. All of you have a very blessed Fourth of July.

10 Comments:

Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Well, God and I have many conversations. There have been many times, that I have actually heard a voice. Don't think me crazy, don't think me insane. It is absolutely true.

But, you are right. Most of the time, the "Voice of God" that I hear, it is the Holy Spirit guiding me through life. I do believe that God is there every moment of every day, nudging me in the right direction, helping me to see the right thing to do, and guiding me on a path of goodness.

Mz. Gig, this was a lovely post. Maybe some time we can chat about this!

Blessings be upon you always!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got home safely. As for talking to God... I think I've only heard his voice once.

11:29 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Tiff -- I didn't get a chance to tell Oprah anything -- I was too busy trying to catch up with Tiger Woods. HEYYYYYY TIGERRRRRRRRRR! Maybe that's why he came in second place.
:-) :-)

It is good to be back. I missed conversing with you all on the blog set. he, he, he

11:50 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Orion Ailin -- I would love to chat about the LORD anytime. Thanks

11:51 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Lauren -- thanks for the comment. It is so nice to know that I blog with so many people who can really relate to God. I think we all need to be more disciplined with our walk with God.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

MZ GIG, I also have trouble concentraiting on reading sometimes, I reccomend getting the bible on cd and playing it while you are doing things I do that sometimes it really is a nice thing to have. Bye the way glad your back.. Missed your great attitude and contributions to the net. Love Chris

12:28 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Welcome Back! I'll call ya tonight to finish off where I left off when the Fireworks started.

4:46 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Devas: I think I've already read your account of what happened at the fireworks. What a story -- ha
ha

Is there more????

6:41 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Kira Slave -- you've heard God more than once -- you just haven't recognized his voice yet, but you will.

6:42 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Chris: You are right about listening to the Bible on CD while you are busy. I still sometimes have attention problems. I will not give up though.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home