Sunday, June 26, 2005

"My Kids Know How to Work Me Mom"

Is the first sentence in a e-mail I got from my youngest son. As I've said before, he really missed his calling as a comedian. He is tooooooo funny. He's in his early thirtys and still talks with slang. This is the father of the two grandchildren who are inflicted with Sickle Cell disease. He has a unique relationship with his two girls and is a very good dad. Some of his story may sound like he's being mean, but he plays with them that way and they know they have him wrapped. This story takes place in a children's hospital in Minnesota. Madison just had surgery on her brain and her eye is swelled, and dad is feeling bad for her because her eye is, as he says "jacked up," therefore, he gives into her every whim and wimper. This is the second surgery and both were successful and thank God, Madison always bounces back quickly. Oh yes "OG" is his babies momma, it stands for "Ol Girl."

Here's a funny story:

Yesterday I was chillin w/ Madison. It was just me and her. Madison was grubbing on some baked chicken. I was going to ask her if I could have some but since she was tearing it up so tough, I decided to let her eat. I decided to go upstairs and get something from the cafeteria. Madison asks, "Will U get something for me?". I said, "Madison, U just finished eating. Now U want something else?". I told her I only had a little bit of money. She said she only wanted a baked potato. I asked what if they didn't have any baked potatoes? She kept shrugging her shoulders. I said, "I'm offering to buy U something. What do U want? If U don't tell me then U played Urself". She kept shrugging her shoulders so I left. Unfortunately the cafeteria was closed so I went back to the room. I was hungry. I knew I had to walk somewhere to eat. I asked her if she wanted me to pick anything up for her. She continued to shrug her shoulders. I told her a closed mouth never gets fed. She said, "Is Burger King to far to walk?". I said, "Heck yeah it's far! And it's hot outside too?". Then she started tearing up. I said, "Ur lucky Ur eye's jacked up. U are very lucky Ur eye's jacked up! I only have $7 and it's going to cost me $5 to get Ur Burger King. That's going to leave me w/ $2 to get something to eat for myself. I tell U what, U better eat it all. U better eat everything in Ur Burger King bag. If I walk all the way to Burger King and spend my dinner money on U, U better eat it". U know what, she ate it...she ate every single bite. I told OG about it and she got mad. She said, "I just bought her some chicken fingers and fries right before U got here and she wasted it. She was supposed to warm that up if she got hungry later. Go check her table and tell me if U see chicken fingers and fries". So I go up there, look at her tray, and sure enough the chicken and fries are right there. I said, "Madison, U had me walk all the way to Burger King in this heat and spend my only money on chicken fingers and fries and U have untouched chicken fingers and fries sitting right here?" She just looked at me w/ this little smirk. I said, "Ur are lucky U ate every dag-on bite and again, Ur lucky Ur eye's jacked up." (Meaning otherwise, dad wouldn't be giving into you like that).

6 Comments:

Blogger Sciubi said...

Thanks for your post on my blog. I only just looked at it for the first time after a few weeks. I don't really know anything about Father's Day I am afraid as my Father passed away a long time ago. I imagine it is just like America, only the time is different... You have a great blog by the way.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

LOL! That Madison sure knows how to get the good treatment! hehehe Kids, gotta love 'em!!

*HUGS*

12:28 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

You know who tries that with us, too. Yesterday we ate at Culvers, but when we ordered our food, he didn't want anything. But as soon as we sat down and got ready to eat, then suddenly he wanted something. But, it was too late. Im eatin now. So I didn't get him anything. But, next time we order out, I'll bet he'll order his food when we do.

8:02 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

You mean you didn't get your little right hand man anything? I'll believe it only when I see it. You may not have gotten him anything but I BET you gave him some of yours. Ha, ha, ha

8:20 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

That is funny he got played real good. I will tell you another good one. My ex step son, came and seen me at church one day and I had one of those multi colored bead necklaces that are popular now on. and he said I really like that chris. So off it went and I gave it to him.. A couple weeks later he seen I had another one already. and he said you got another one. I said ya bought em both at the same time cause I like em. He says ya me too. So the next time I see him he goes you know that one you gave me broke. So I handed over this one. and then I had a necklace with a blue metalic cross and beads. And he almost conned me out of it.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

@ Mz. Gig. Well, he did end up getting ice cream when we bought dessert. : - (

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home