Thursday, December 14, 2006

What about Hope?

David Cho, one of our Blog buddies, wrote a post on “hope,” a fascinating post in which he put a lot of thought into. He more or less ask those who commented to write a blog on what we feel hope is or means. Here is my version of what “hope” means to me.

Webster’s New World Third College Edition Dictionary says “hope” is a feeling that what is wanted will happen; desire accompanied by expectations.

I believe that hope means that someone wants something to happen whether it is good or bad. One may hope for or want a new car, a new house, etc. The Bible says: “ask and you will receive it, seek and you will find; knock and the door shall be opened to you”. Someone may hope for revenge on another person for a negative act against them. The Bible says: “Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.”

Colossians 1:27 states …which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory. Psalm 71:5 says for thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou are my trust from my youth. After reading a few scriptures on hope, I came to the conclusion that the Lord God is our hope.

Hope also means to me that “There could be a light at the end of the tunnel.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I hope you have a great Christmas! Wish you were here.

6:09 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

I wish I were there too.

8:38 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

Very good. Thank you. Those are very good verses. The Lord God is indeed our hope.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I like the way you explained hope and using my favorite Bible verse.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

What a lovely interpretation. I love that the Lord God is our hope. I know in heart that He is MY hope. *smiles*

God bless you, Mz. Gig. May you have a very Merry Christmas. *HUGS*

1:39 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

8:43 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

Merry Christmas!!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home