Tuesday, October 03, 2006

To Have Faith or Not to Have Faith -- That is the question?

It's been approximately one week ago tomorrow since I encountered the second snake in my basement and I haven't been down in the basement since. What makes it so bad, I have been going out on faith about pretty much everything else, such as flying to Texas when I swore I would never fly, going on a cruise which I thought I'd never do; going in the water with the stingrays in the Grand Cayman; paying tithes even when it seems as though the money would not stretch, but it does. I have actually been satisfied with myself for going out on faith about a great deal of things and when I pray, I just leave it in his hand and go on without worrying; so...

Why can I not go out on faith, trust God and go down in my basement where I had put some clothes in the wash and there they are still in the washer. I didn't get a chance to start the washer. I have been having flash backs and keep seeing those snakes in my mind. I keep telling myself to have faith and go downstairs, but I simply can't do it. This is a way of telling God i don't trust that there will be none down there. On my way home from church one evening, I was listening to the radio and I heard someonne repeat a scripture "God did not give us the spirit of fear. I know that must have been a message to me not to be firghtened and lean on God. This is a situation that needs serious prayer and I am asking you all for prayer. Thank you in advance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

You'd better get down there and get those clothes out the washer before who knows what crawls up inside, with your clothes!

8:09 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

Oh buck, you are so sympathetic.

11:16 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Buck is a BIG tease -- that's what he is.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I will be praying for you.....

FEAR is a serious thing. My pastor has preached on this numerous times...the only source of fear comes from the devil. We should put our trust in God, that nothing bad will happen to us. We have the protection of God....so don't be afraid Gig. *hugs* God will keep you safe...I promise. :-D

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home