Tuesday, October 03, 2006

To Have Faith or Not to Have Faith -- That is the question?

It's been approximately one week ago tomorrow since I encountered the second snake in my basement and I haven't been down in the basement since. What makes it so bad, I have been going out on faith about pretty much everything else, such as flying to Texas when I swore I would never fly, going on a cruise which I thought I'd never do; going in the water with the stingrays in the Grand Cayman; paying tithes even when it seems as though the money would not stretch, but it does. I have actually been satisfied with myself for going out on faith about a great deal of things and when I pray, I just leave it in his hand and go on without worrying; so...

Why can I not go out on faith, trust God and go down in my basement where I had put some clothes in the wash and there they are still in the washer. I didn't get a chance to start the washer. I have been having flash backs and keep seeing those snakes in my mind. I keep telling myself to have faith and go downstairs, but I simply can't do it. This is a way of telling God i don't trust that there will be none down there. On my way home from church one evening, I was listening to the radio and I heard someonne repeat a scripture "God did not give us the spirit of fear. I know that must have been a message to me not to be firghtened and lean on God. This is a situation that needs serious prayer and I am asking you all for prayer. Thank you in advance.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brotha Buck said...

You'd better get down there and get those clothes out the washer before who knows what crawls up inside, with your clothes!

8:09 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

Oh buck, you are so sympathetic.

11:16 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Buck is a BIG tease -- that's what he is.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home