Thursday, September 21, 2006

Using My Time Wisely ?????

When I was in Elementary School (it was called "grade School" then) the grades on our report cards were: S = Satisfactory, I = Needs to improve and U=Unsatisfactory, with the "S" being the highest grade. Each time I received a report card it stated something like "doesn't use time wisely." I often wondered what they meant by that, after all I did well at school so how could they possibly say that I wasn't using my time wisely.

Now that I am MUCH older, I can see what they meant. I will start something and before I finish one thing, I've switched to something else. Whenever I plan to get a lot done around the house, I end up doing everything but. Take tonight for instance, I am supposed to be doing some extensive cleaning and throwing out things I don't need because I put my house on the market to sell. I want the house to look very nice when people come to see it. HOWEVER, what am I doing???? Blogging of course. I got some things done between watching television among other things. I suppose I'd better get back to what I'm supposed to be doing and try to stick to it, after all, it's almost my bed time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Sounds like you had a touch of ADD as a child.

10:54 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Clint -- I think I did but at that time they didn't call it ADD, in fact I don't know, if anything, what they called it.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Remnants of U said...

Wow, that is funny, because I too am about to put my house on the market, and have been meaning to do a major cleaning for the past 2 weekends.

I need someone to put the fire under me, so I called a friend, and she will come over tomorrow afternoon, to help me. In my circle of friends we all have our talents, and she is the one that is like the "Mission Organiztion" people on TV.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Oh, you didn't tell me about this! If I'd had known a snake would get you out of that house, I'd have brought a snake home years ago.

8:12 PM  
Blogger David Cho said...

You were multi-tasking. And multi-tasking is good.

10:34 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

LOL,LOL -- Brotha Buck, you are too funny.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home