Wednesday, June 01, 2005

"THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!"

“Thank God It’s Friday!” Those words are popularly used by so many people each and every week. “Have a good weekend,” “Happy holidays,” everyone is cheerfully giving well wishes to the co-workers. Smiles on every face -wow, we are headed for two days off or a holiday vacation. If you close your eyes, you may miss the time off as those days fly by, and before you know it -- you are pulling yourself out of bed, looking at Blue Monday. “Another work week you moan.” All throughout the weekend or vacation days you keep waking up early just as you do during the work week. You lie there trying to sleep in but “it ain’t happenin.” THEN when Monday rolls around you can hardly get out of bed as the alarm continues to go off and you continue to hit the snooze button. But finally you slowly pull yourself out of bed, mumble a quick prayer and then off to the shower. Upon entering the office, people around you have shed the cheerful, “thank God it’s Friday, have a good weekend faces.” “Did you have a good weekend?” “Yes, how about you?“ or “It was alright, nothing to brag about,“ “No, I didn’t, and blah, blah, blah -- as far as time goes, we’re moving right along. Then of course, before you know it, guess what? “Have a good weekend!” again -- Is that circle vicious or what?

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

You know Mz Gig, like Joel says great each work day with a smile and ask God to make it a blessing. If more people would take this advice people wouldn't mind going to work as bad. I found myself that it trully helps. There for about a month work was horrible and I heard him preaching about it. And low and behold I started asking him to make my day better and help me get through it. I don't mind as much going to work anymore some days I even enjoy it lol. Although I love my days off. Well anyway have a great day. Chris

2:06 PM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

The weekends are way too short. I'm all for a 3-day weekend (Monday off).

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like a 7-day weekend, myself.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home