Sunday, May 22, 2005

"Something to Chuckle About"

It’s Sunday morning and I woke up like I do every Sunday morning after falling asleep on a movie I rented the night before. This has been the Saturday night activity for years, and don’t let anyone try to steer me away from it because it won’t work. I guess this started years ago when I first got married. When we were dating, the hubby would take me to a movie or the drive-in theatre. He would watch the movie and I would fall asleep. After we tied the knot (and oh boy, what a knot), but that’s a different story. Anywho -- he would take me to the theatre, and as usual, he would watch the movie, and I would fall asleep. Only things were changed -- we got married. Soooo -- the conversation went like this, “wake up, I didn’t spend money for you to come in here and sleep!” My rebuttal to that was something like this, “hey wait a minute, I’m the same person I was when we were dating and you didn’t complain then.” To tell the truth, everything changed after the “I dos.”

I woke up this morning and as usual, talked to my LORD and started my day. I then thought about something one of my sons had done the night before and started cracking up. This is my number three son, and he was helping me to connect things up on the new computer he got me for Mother’s Day. Two nights ago, I had started re-typing my will, and because I hadn’t finished, it was still hanging on the little device that was holding it in place. After he finished working, my son turned to me and said, “and don’t think for one minute that this Will is bothering me because it’s not.” “I know that everyone has to have a will“. I said to him, how did you know that is a Will?” He said “it’s right in front of my face, I can’t miss it.” I said (jokingly), “if you weren’t meddling you wouldn’t have known it was my Will.” He blurted out the same answer as before. The funny thing of it is, I know it bothered him or he wouldn’t have said anything. In fact, he repeated the same thing several times during his visit, thus trying to convince me that it was no big thing. He tries to hide behind the faced of being strong and things don’t bother him, but he forgets; I’m his mom and I know all. It is my guess that sometime when I least expect it, he will bring it up again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Tate II said...

You should just bust him out and call him tonight especially to talk about it. And call him tomorrow and ask him if he'd like to proof read it. And irritate him even more and tell him I said hi. hehehehe

3:48 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

you know what is worse then seeing your mothers will. Her telling you that you are her executor of it. Just what I wanted to hear that I get to take care of her stuff after she dies. But I suppose that reflects the trust she has in me also probably. Well anyway I have actually asked her to make a living will so there will be no confusion on anything. It is important to know what will happen even though your parents have lots of years left. Just my thoughts

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wills are a funny business... we need them, but to make them, a lot of people seem to need to confront their mortality.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home