Thursday, August 04, 2005

"AVON CALLING"

During the time I have been working at PACE we have had an Avon lady and of course I have done my share of ordering. Last year she retired but continues to take orders from us. She lives in a small suburb just outside of Des Moines’ South side. Ms. M, (the Avon lady) sometimes delivers our order s in person, and sometimes she send them by mail and includes a self-addressed stamped envelope.

As soon as I received the box which included the items ordered from Ms. M, I should have stopped what I was doing and wrote out the check right away so I could have sent it out on that day; however, at the time, I had run out of checks (so I thought) and had to order some new ones. By the time I got the new checks, I had misplaced the self-addressed, stamped envelope; therefore, I needed get some stamps which were at home in a drawer in my computer desk. While at work I thought, “I really need to send this payment to Ms. M; however,” the stamps were at home of course.

Meanwhile there was a contractor doing some remodeling at my house and had everything strung all over everywhere; therefore, I couldn’t find a thing (this went on for at least four weeks or more). A couple of days ago, the check was finally made out but now I can’t remember why it didn’t get mailed that time. The next day, since there were some bills that needed to be sent, I thought, “the payment will be mailed, today,” so when the time came to set it out for the mailman, I discovered that I had left the stamps and the check at home. When I got home that evening I made sure the stamps would be put in my purse so that the check could definitely be sent off the next day. When I got ready to mail it; I realized the check was STILL at home. This was getting to be too frustrating, therefore, later that evening, while sorting through some papers that needed to be filed, I found the check and immediately put it in the envelope that was addressed to Ms. M, put a stamp on it and sent it out. Whoa – what a dilemma! Well, the payment has finally been mailed and everything was as it should be. Last evening I was again sorting through boxes trying to organize things and guess what I found (after I had addressed an envelope, put a stamp on it and mailed it out)? Yes you’re right! The self-addressed stamped envelop that was sent to me in the first place. Also yesterday while looking for a DVD in my intertainment center, there were the checks I thought I had run out of. Dat’s All Folks.

6 Comments:

Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

*giggles* Mz. Gig, don't worry. *HUGS* I can't count the number of times I do stuff like that. heheheh

I am glad though that it all finally worked out and stuff. hehehe

God bless you!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

haha, that is funny. I am glad I am not the only one who does strange forgetful things. I once did that with my property taxes, had em all ready to mail out put it in the car to take to the post office. And then it fell down between the seats and two months later I found it. I would never have known until I got a late notice. Cause it was with another stack of mail. But the late notice came and I thought well maybe it fell in the car and it had.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Meka said...

To funny! The other day I was about to leave for work. I got my son in the car and realized I forgot the baby bag. So I took him out of the car went back in the house and got the bag. Strapped him in again and realize I left my purse in the house. I had to unstrap him again take him in the house to get my purse. Then I couldn't find where I left my keys when I came in the second time. Needless to say I was 15 minutes late for work and was so frustrated I could have screamed. Good post!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Your such a silly willie

7:23 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

My story sounds just like you, Devas.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I do things like this too.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home