Friday, July 29, 2005

Stories like this strengthens faith

A friend of mine sent me this story on the internet. It is so fantastic, I decided to share it with all of you.


This will give you chills......

No matter how religious you may or may not be, this can

give you chills.

Phil. 4:13 states:

"I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength."


Here's the story:


A young man who had been raised as an atheist was

training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his

life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never

really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them

often. One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he

attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights

and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by.



The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and

as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended

his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body, was

in the shape of a cross. The man felt a strange feeling, like someone

was speaking to him. Instead of diving, he knelt down and finally asked

God to come into his life.

As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in

and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.

I Love Jesus--my Savior. He keeps me functioning each day. Without him,

I am nothing but with Him I can do all things through Christ that

strengthens me." Phil 4:13.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

I love that story as well, hadn't heard it in a while, Glad you posted it Gig. IT does give one Ghost Bumps. hehe

5:43 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Mz. Gig, you kill me, forwarding me your spam and bloggin it, too. Hehehehe.
Now, heres the questions you should blog/answer in the tag. I didnt answer all these because it got too long and I was on deadline:

Ten years ago:
Five years ago:
One year ago:
Yesterday:
Today:
Tomorrow:
5 snacks I enjoy:
5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs:
5 things I would do with $100,000,000:
5 locations I'd like to runaway to:
5 bad habits I have:
5 things I like doing:
5 TV shows I like:
5 movies I like:
5 famous people I'd like to meet:
5 biggest joys at the moment:
5 favorite toys:
5 people to tag:

6:30 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Wonderful story. I really liked it!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

It always reminds you that the Good Lord is watching out for us. He truly DOES strengthen us...in all ways.

10:09 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Thanks Devas, that gives me something to write about. Get ready gang -- you are about to be "tagged." (maybe) *onery look on face with grin*

When you get through, I will be the best blogger on the net, so beware, you have competition on the way! Love ya -- opps I mean "U" ha, ha, I'm having fun with this one. I love you *another onery grin -- a BIG one this time*

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home