Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"The Bright Spots In Your Life"

This morning I received an e-mail called "Being a Mom." I decided to write my own version of what "being a mom" is all about.

Being a mother in my opinion can be like being Jesus -- you love and care for your children. Your children are a part of you and the man you love. There is nothing more precious than to see that sweet little innocent face looking up at you, especially when you see it for the first time. These little beings depend on you for their food, life, love, nurturance, clothing, nursing, and everything else you can give them. Watching all the different steps your baby takes is such a pleasure that every woman should have the blessing to experience as you are the one who carried that baby or babies for nine months. Not only watching them grow as toddlers, but after they have grown into the young women/men they become until the day you leave this earth. I had the extreme pleasure of doing it four times and if I had to do it again, I would. Children are "bright spots in your life." They keep you alive and they keep you young.

I know how Jesus must feel about us because I know what it is to love and to love sooo deeply; to cherish your children so that you would put your life on the line for those precious beings. Just as Jesus does, you never retire from being a parent – no matter how OLD your children get, you always follow them, watch them, pray for them, wish everything good for them, do for them, help them when they are in trouble; hurt when they hurt and always be there when they are in trouble. As you get older, then you have an additional pleasure of having grandchildren who you love just as deeply, and it goes on and on and on. This is what Jesus does for us and more. Actually there really is no comparison to man and Jesus as what I just described is just a very small example of what Jesus is to us. Since he is responsible for our very being, can you imagine the love he has for us – I don’t think any of us is big enough to do so. I love Jesus – he is sooo good to me and I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

5 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

This is a neat perspective and very Biblical. I believe we are meant to find Jesus in all the relationships we are a part of.

9:02 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

You are right Clint and that one takes a lot of prayer.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Wish my parents would have been what sounds like you where as a parent. I will be so glad when God does a mighty work in there lives. Well another great post Gig. Have a great nite. Chris

9:19 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Another totally heartfelt and beautiful post, Mz. Gig. *smiles*

I hope that when I have children of my own, that I could be even half the loving and adoring mother you are. You are such an inspiration.

Prayers are always a wonderful thing...and God answers them as He best sees fit. *hugs*

9:39 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Very nice post. I would be mischevious<---(spelled), but Rush Limbaugh is on, so I gotta get my daily hit.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home