Saturday, July 16, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #3 SON

First of all, giving honor to God, I thank Him for giving me so many blessings, and among them were four sons who have fulfilled my life and made me proud. My experience as a parent has been unique because I have a close relationship with all of them, and they are all great talented young men, each in his own way..

Today I’m going to focus on number three son as we celebrate his birthday. This young man has made quite a life for himself and has accomplished a lot. He attended the University of Northern Iowa in the School of Music and received his BFA and is currently working towards his Master’s Degree.

As a very young child, my mother discovered he had a talent for singing after placing him, his younger brother and two cousins in a children’s choir. She then encouraged him to sing solos, which he did. He sounded a lot like Michael Jackson and had people in the church audience yelling and passing out. He always showed potential for performing even as a very little child.

Number three son continues to sing at churches, as he is a born again Christian. Over the past few years, he performed in several plays at two of the local theatres here, including: “Smokey Joe’s Café,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technical Coat of Many Colors,” “The Buddy Holly Story,” “The Children of Eden,” “The Rosa Parks Story,” and “Ain’t Misbehavin.”

During his tenure as a vocal music teacher, he received the “Gold Star Award for Outstanding Teaching in Waterloo, Iowa where he was employed for the Waterloo Public School District. He relocated to Des Moines, Iowa where he is currently a music instructor. Here’s to you, T
Have a blessed birthday, son!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Sounds like he has done well for himself. They all sound like wonderful God loving men, must have something to do with there sweet mother. Thanks for the comment on my bad day Mz. Gig and I appreciate the prayer. have a great day

5:28 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Id say Happy Birthday, too. But since he ain't speaking to us than...well, we did send Happy Birthday Cards anyway. Did he tell you that? Even though he does not speak to us, has never met his nephew, is estranged with his nieces and is not talking to me, or make contact with us when we visit, we still send him cards and gifts and stuff regardless.

*smile*

7:33 AM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Alright, Mr. Devas, or is it Mr. "Blunt"? Who is really sending the cards and gifts, you or the wife? You need not answer that. Have you initiated the card sending or have you signed any of them without the wife pushing you to do so? Oh did I say that? :-)
:-)

Yes, he does need to make connections with his nieces and nephews, but in my latest conversations with him, it sounds as though he is coming around. He's been asking about you all. I'm praying that you both will put your differences behind you and become brothers again.

How do you both think a mother feels when two of her off spring are feuding? especially when she feels responsible for it? *wide grin*

I hate to say this but you both know where that undying grudge holding, stubborness comes from.

I love you both, and don't think I'm taking sides because I'm not, I see where both of you need to come around like Jesus did for you both on the cross.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

I will pray deeply for all of you. My fiance's youngest brother did something a several years ago to really hurt the middle brother. The two of them didn't talk for about 5 years. It was really hard for everyone.

But, thank the Lord, the two of them have at least given up the silence and talked a bit. I always feared that something would happen, and they wouldn't be able to tell each other what needed to be said. *sighs*

Happy Birthday though to your #3 son!!!

God bless!

9:36 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Thank you Oricon for your comment. I'll tell #3 son that you wished him a happy birthday.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home