Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Creepy, Crawly Story

This evening I took an elderly friend to the nursing home to visit my cousin. It's sad because this cousin is about my age. Anywho, somehow we got on the subject of snakes and I had to sit there and listen as they exchanged snake stories and ways they had encountered them in their homes and were afraid of them. All the while I'm sort of feeling creepy, I hate those creatures with a passion. My cousin told of how he had been asked to kill a snakes by his ex-wife when he went to pick up his son for visitation. He said he grabbed his son and ran. My elderly friend told a story about how she saw a snake in her basement, went upstairs and grabbed an ice pick. She went back down and he had slithered to another spot. She saw him moving and she said "I beat him to death with the ice pick." "I just beat him to death." Then she informed us that after killing him, she was afraid to pick it up and throw it away. A few days later the guy who cuts her grass came to her house and she asked him to throw away the dead snake, which he did. He exclaimed that the snake stank really bad! When the garbage men came she was too ashamed to look out the window. I hope and pray that I don't feel creepy tonight and don't dream about those creatures.

Next we got on the subject of back seat drivers, but I'll save that for another time. Please pray for me because I'm beginning to feel creepy already.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Hey Mz. Gig ask her if she is for hire I need some snakes taken care of haha

8:57 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Okay Ms. Lauren Chris says are you for hire? I'll answer that -- for you she's not for hire, she'll just protect you out of love. ha, ha

How's that answer, Lauren?

4:46 AM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

I'll have to forward you this picture that aunt Eleanora sent me. Its of a huge snake she killed with a hoe. Big one.We havent seen many snakes here, but theres LOTS of those big black crickets waiting for your arrival here.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a snake once. I backed away. And then got out of there in a hell of a hurry. If I recall my stats correctly, 15-20 of the world's 25 most poisonous snakes are native to Australia.

8:22 PM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Should come to New Zealand, we don't have snakes at all...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Anywho?

LOL.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home