Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Stressful Evening and a BIG FAT CAT

What’s this all about, you say? Well, it goes like this: Yesterday I took my dad to Target to exchange the a pair of trousers he had gottn for his birthday. Upon returning home, I decided to get some much needed work done, i.e., putting clothes away from laundering them the night before, re-organizing dresser drawers, putting things back on the walls after having them painted, clean the bathroom and rearrange it, etc. This, indeed, was to be a busy evening. I went into the bedroom, turned on my T.V. and proceeded to sort clothes and put them away while singing at the same time. (So what’s this got to do with a FAT CAT, you say)? I’m getting around to it. While sorting clothes and putting them away, the phone rings and it’s the contractor; he asks, “are you ready to go?” "Where?" "Out to Home Depot to get things settled about the cabinet measurements they messed up?" “Yes,” I said. We’ll go, get that settled, and then I will finish the work when we return. While there, we explained our situation to a manager. The contractor had bought cabinets from them last week some time. He laid out the measurements on a sheet of paper, took them to Home Depot, and gave them to the saleslady with the correct measurements. The saleslady in turn, sold him the wrong cabinets. He took them back after discovering they were wrong, but the sales lady refused to correct her mistake and wanted to charge me for it. I went out there with him last night and got that settled. (So what does this have to do with a FAT CAT)? I'm coming to it) – (smile).

We got that settled and it’s time to get back to work – but wait a minute – I must read Devas’ blog for the day. Got on the computer, typed in his address and saw another title called the “C” word and upon remembering the previous story, I panicked – I mean really panicked. Nerves on edge, trying to call – no answer at his job, cell phone or home. Getting pretty stressed by then. (No FAT CAT story yet). After hanging up, there was a signal indicating that someone had called so I checked the message, only to hear #4 son’s voice on the phone – he sounded down. Again I panicked – (thoughts going through head: Did something happen to Madison? (My granddaughter with Sickle Cell)? Did he find out that they were going to have a girl and not a boy? Did Jerky die)? Okay, who’s Jerky? Yeah, you guessed it – the FAT CAT! Upon calling him back, I couldn’t get him – PANICK, PANICK – “Wait a minute, wait a minute I thought,” “Where’s your faith”? Opps, I guess it was put on hold for a minute, so I calmed down a little. Finally, #4 son called. I asked what’s wrong? Is Madison okay? Did Jerky die? (We have had Jerky for almost 10 years but that’s another story). “Mom” Jerky’s dying and I don’t know what to do? He’s been hovering around the litter box and is unable to go.” “Did you call the vet?” “Yes but because it’s so late, he has to go to the emergency room and it will cost too much.” Okay Gig, it’s time to pray – but can you pray for an animal? Of course you idiot, you can pray about anything. After talking back and forth about what to do, we finally came up with a plan to help The FAT CAT, and late last night -- *4 son called back and said it was a bladder infection and they gave him shots and medicine. He will be alright. Thank God -- (What dork would name a cat Jerky? My number 4 son). End of story

5 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Ever hear anything from Don about the C Word

4:07 PM  
Blogger Don Tate II said...

Mz. Gig, @ don juan de bubba's comment: Shhh, don't tell anyone my secret about dying. I want to blog about it after I'm gone.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

oh my you got me in stiches MZ Gig. that was a great story. you got me on my seat with that one. poor kitty though

8:01 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Aww...of course you can pray for pets and other animals. They too are the Lord's and He takes care of them too.

I'm sure glad that Jerky is okay!! *HUGS*

Funny story!!

God Bless you, favorite bloggie mommie!!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a cat once. Everytime it did something useful, I fed it.

*pauses*

It died of starvation.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home