Friday, July 15, 2005

"And When He Get's Old"

I blogged this on a Christian I recently found. Wanted to share this with all my blog buddies here.

I am thrilled to be able to blog my thoughts about the LORD. He has been in my life on and off since I can remember. I say that to say, in the Bible it says to “bring up a child in the way he should go and when he gets old, he will not depart from it.” I used to think about that scripture and get confused because I know plenty of people (myself included), who were brought up in the admonition of the LORD only to stray away. Now that I am much older, I see a great deal of them finding their way back to the LORD.

I was brought up in a strict religious atmosphere. From a little tot, I accepted and loved the LORD as long as can I remember. Even though I strayed like so many have, when I became a teenager, He has NEVER left me. He talked me through many temptations. Often times, I did not listen but he never gave up on me. I finally, through hardships in my marriage, drifted back to his open arms and there he was waiting for me. I believe that the above scripture means just what it says, “and when he gets old, he will not depart from it.” Just as I described my journey with the LORD — even though a child may stray, the LORD will initially call them back to the fold and when he gets old, he will not depart from it. That is what I believe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

I agree with you both, and to add too that I would have to say we need to tell our younger brother and sisters that if they will only trust God during those younger years as well. They won't be nearly as hard pressed as they are. Cause we have a powerful God and he wants to carry our burdons. Love ya Chris

6:10 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Mz. Gig...that was beautiful. I'm so very glad that you found your way back to the Lord. He never was away from you, even if you didn't recognize it. He was carrying you through your toughest times, even if you didn't realize it.

I am so glad, and my heart is touched, knowing that you have found Him and have welcomed Him so openly into your life.

May God bless you always dear one. You are truly one of God's most cherished children. *HUGS*

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home