Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"SecondPost For Today"

I just returned home from Prayer Meeting. Our pastor informed us that the Governor of Iowa has indeed made provisions at the Iowa State Fair growns and another area for approximately 5000 evacuees. They have food, water, shelter, etc. on hand; however, our Governor received word that we are on a "standby" status because so far the people are not wanting to leave Texas due to the fact that they have been traveling around so much and are quite tired and have been through so much, plus have had too much experience with water. Therefore, at the present time, it is uncertain whether or not we will be getting any or not at least anytime soon.

Many people are donating money and are trying to find other ways to help plus they can still offer to open their homes if they wish. Thank you for your in-put, and since I am so fond of children, I will be excited to take in a child or two if need be. Thanks also for your prayers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

This whole deal is interesting in many practical ways. How do you know which people in your town are regular transients, and which are people from the afflicted areas?

How do you verify?

Do you run a background check on people to see if they are safe?

This are all things that we are thinking about as we look to help people at our church.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful person you are to be opening your home like that. If I had my own, Lord knows I would do the same.

I continue to keep them all in prayer, just that they have Gods protection over them...and that they just BELIEVE......and have hope.

*xoxo* Love ya!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Call me before you do anything drastic!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

It's nice Mz Gig that you want to help. They won't let regular people come down and help right now at the Civic Center. They have enough trained volunteers working here, so I haven't been down to see our evacuees here. But, I am calling each day to find out the needs and doing what I can to help.

Please just be careful if you invite people into your home. Your intentions are pure, however, in desperate times, others intentions may not be. *HUGS*

I'll continue to pray for you and all those who are affected by this.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home