Thursday, May 12, 2005

This is soooo me!

Following is an e-mail I recently received. I got a big kick out of it because it is definitely me.

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - AgeActivatedAttentionDeficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:I decide to water my garden.As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my caranddecidemy car needs washing.As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail ontheporchtable that I brought up from the mail box earlier.I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail inthegarbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take outthegarbagefirst.But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailboxwhen Itakeoutthe garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.I take my check book off the table, and see that there isonly 1checkleft.My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go insidethehousetomy desk where I find the can of Coke that I had beendrinking.I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to pushtheCokeasideso that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that theCoke isgetting warm, and I decide I should put it in therefrigerator tokeepit cold.As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase offlowers onthe counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover myreading glassesI decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'mgoingtowaterthe flowers.I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a containerwithwater and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on thekitchentable.I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will belookingfortheremote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table,so Idecideto put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'llwatertheflowers.I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of itspills onthefloor.So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towelsandwipeupthe spill.Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I wasplanningtodo.At the end of the day:the car isn't washedthe bills aren't paidthere is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counterthe flowers don't have enough water,there is still only 1 check in my check book,I can't find the remote,I can't find my glasses,and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,I'mreally baffled because I know I was busy all day long, andI'mreally tired.I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to getsomehelpforit, but first I'll check my e-mail.
Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.LAUGHING ATYOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Tate II said...

In addition to your problem with AAADD, I think you have a problem with your spacer button. Or maybe you forgot.

3:47 PM  
Blogger ShellyP said...

Oh, this is me too sometimes!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read this before; surely it can't be you, Ms. Gig!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home