Sunday, July 10, 2005

"An E-mail From My Nephew"

Thought this was a really cute and interesting story that you would all enjoy:

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets
of town, taking those extra
precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.
Suddenly, my daughter, Aspen,
spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm
thinking of something."
This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some
fact for a while, and
was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had
discovered. I was eager to hear.
"What are you thinking?" I asked.
"The rain! ;" she began, "is like sin, and the windshield
wipers are like God wiping our sins away."
After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond.
"That's really good, Aspen."
Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take
this revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rain
keeps on coming? What does that tell you?"
Aspen didn't hesitate one moment with her answer:
"We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."
I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.

In order to see the Rainbow, you must first endure some Rain.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Gig said...

I used to be afraid of storms but one night during a storm, one of my sons and I were alone, when a bad storm came and it crossed my mind to remind him that God was with us and wouldn't let any harm come to us (of course that was when he was a little guy) but somehow over the years, I really learned to trust the LORD and now I am pretty confident during storms.

As far as being held, I hope Chris does a good job of that for you. :-)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Christopher M. Beatrice said...

lol, storms hehe are awesome I enjoy sitting out on the porch watching them. as for the story I got that in an email one time. It is very inspiring and I enjoyed it thanks for posting it. I always thought is would be cool to chase tornadoes and such but people think you are crazy when you talk about it. well anyway have a good one.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids have such special insights you wouldn't believe that they came frm a kid.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

What a beautiful comment!! I will have to remember that one!

God blesses each of us every day, and little children have this amazing ability to pick up on the Lord's "doings"! I wish some of us adults could be so insightful and openminded as the little children. *smiles*

8:25 PM  
Blogger The Gig said...

Yes Oricon -- God wants us to be as humble as a little child.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home